What to Pack for Your Trip
Recommended Packing List
When packing, the most important thing to keep in mind is to pack light. Though we’ll have driver(s) and people to help carry luggage at times, Pakistan is not made for gigantic suitcases.
It is recommended to bring one large backpack or suitcase, and a small bag or daypack to keep your phone, camera, money, passport, and other essentials.
You need to carry your original CNIC (Pakistani Identity Card) or passport and valid Pakistani visa (for foreigners) with you at all times during the tour.
It is totally up to your discretion what you wish to bring along, however the following list is suggested for convenience.
- Warm and quick drying layers for mountainous terrains
- Warm jacket
- Trekking shoes, socks, and stick
- Warm socks, gloves, and cap
- Sun protection – hat, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Re-usable water bottle
- Head scarf to cover your head or shawl to cover your chest (for women)
- Modest clothes like shirts/t-shirts, trousers, pants, combats, jeans (No shorts, bikinis or short sleeved clothes)
- Travel chargers with multiple sockets (two round holes). The voltage in Pakistan is 220-240 Volts
- Extra camera battery (if needed)
- Power bank (electricity outages are common)
- Ear plugs
- Quick dry travel towel
- Travel pillow
- Keep any medicines you require regularly such as vitamins, pain killers, anti-allergies etc. (Suggestions: Bug repellant, stomach antibiotic, bandage, motion sickness, skin ointment, fever, headache or flu pills, etc.)
- Sanitary products (can buy from big cities like Lahore or Islamabad)
- Wash-bag including soap, little shampoo bottles, nail cutters, a metal mirror, deodorant, tooth brush, toothpaste, laundry washing powder etc. (as per your requirement)
- Books, journals to read or a smart phone with music player on the long KKH drive
- Travel bag locks (to secure your luggage)
- Neck wallet or money belt (for passports, cash, air tickets and other valuable items)
Given above is a generic packing list. You can make adjustments based on the requirements of your tour and personal travel preferences.